This is not only a directory of restaurants in Central Pennsylvania, this is also where consumers have the ability to rate restaurants and leave reviews for other people.
How do I find a restauarant?
Click on the Cuisines list on the right hand side to browse for a restaurant, or use the search bar.
How do I rate a restauarant?
Just click on the row of stars to cast your vote. You can vote on multiple restaurants at a time when viewing paged results or you can vote on the individual restaurant listing.
How do I review a restauarant?
How long will my review be published?
Unlike some message boards which claim to be a place for “restaurant reviews”, rest assured your review will stay published as long as the site is up and not lost on the next page after a week or so.
Why should I register?
Registered users can edit their review after posting. If you plan to write a lot of reviews, it is recommended you register so you can edit a mistake later on.
I don’t see “X” restaurant in the listings?
Did you try searching for it? Sometimes restaurants may not be listed in the cuisine you think they may be listed. Searching should help you find it.
If you still cannot find it and you would like it added, you may contact us here.
Why is “X” restaurant not listed?
At DineOutHarrisburg we believe in listing restaurants on several criteria. 1) The restaurant has table service (waiters and waitresses) and not just a casual lunch ordering area. 2) The restaurant is within a 15 mile radius of Harrisburg. We believe the combination of food and service is what makes a successful restaurant.
What is the deal with the Categories?
Categories is DineOutHarrisburg’s newest feature. Different restaurants are tagged with additional keywords to help better describe them.
- Bar/Nightclub - expect this restaurant to change themes at night or attract a noisy crowd that could detract (or add to) your dining experience.
- BYOB - This restaurant does not have a liquor license, but allows patrons to bring their own alcoholic beverages to enjoy with dinner. Not all non-alcoholic restaurants are BYOB.
- Large Beer List - Features a wide variety of imports and microbeers. Sometimes has a “beer menu” to review before ordering. Will normally have more beers on tap than your average restaurant and even more bottles.
- Large Wine List - This restaurant is known for it’s wine selection. May have an in house sommeiller, or it’s wait staff will be very knowledgeable about different wines of the world.
- Serves Alcohol - Is licensed from the State of Pennsylvania to serve alcohol. 99% of the time they will offer liquor, wine and beer, but sometimes maybe just beer and wine.
- Smoking Permitted - as of September 12, 2008, restaurants that serve more than 20% of their revenue in food will be required to be 100% non-smoking.
If you would like to read more about this site, click here.